We will likely have some new guidance on Covid-19 operating procedures before our summer opening day of May 29. We will update this page when we more know more.
Wild Mountain COVID Response
Wild Mountain is thrilled to welcome our guests back for the 2020-2021 winter season. This year has truly been unique, and we want to thank our guests and team members for making Wild Mountain a fun and safe place to visit. We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation with our new health and safety measures – “We are all in this getting together”.
Because of the ongoing uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, we have had to make some important decisions regarding safety procedures for our guest and team members. Here is some information we’d like to share:
Considerations Before You Arrive:
- State and Local Restrictions
- View our current information and conditions.
- We request that our guest purchase their ticket or rental online before arrival to speed up check in process. Capacity limits may apply.
- Guests must complete waiver online prior to completing purchase of ticket.
- Ticket or rental may be purchased at our outside ticket windows or inside ticket counters.
- Guests are encouraged to use cashless payment throughout the facility.
- Snow Tubing will be available online or at Wild Chutes ticket counter in specific two (2)-hour sessions.
- On-Mountain capacity limits may apply during busy times.
- All guest must have a valid ticket and have completed a waiver when accessing any lift or snow
When At Wild Mountain or Wild Chutes Tubing:
- Face coverings are required inside buildings and outside whenever physical distancing cannot be achieved.
- Face coverings are required while waiting at all lift and conveyor lines.
- Face coverings are required loading and riding on all conveyors and lifts.
- Face coverings are required during all ski and snowboard lessons.
- Guests should be prepared to social distance from other guests (not in their party) both indoors and outdoors
- Guests are asked to get ready in their vehicle or prior to arrival.
- No personal items are allowed to be left in the chalets, under or on tables/benches. All personal belongings must be kept in a vehicle or placed in a locker or cubbies.
- Slow cookers, potluck items and other group food items will not be allowed in the chalet.
- At this time, all indoor spaces will have a 50% seating capacity with max of 10 per table.
- Tables and seating are for a limited time period in an effort to serve all of our guests. Tables and chairs may not be reserved for the day.
- On-mountain capacity limits may apply during busy times.
- We ask our guest to self-group and load the chairlift with their traveling party. Lift attendants will not require guests to ride a chairlift with people they do not know.
- Masks will be required in all lift lines and while riding on lifts, conveyors and ropes.
- Ski Patrol require that guests wear a mask or face covering when receiving aid.
- Guests are asked to stay home when sick, and also follow proper hygiene practices including; cough and sneeze etiquette, hand washing, and use of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the chalet.
- Be Patient and Be Courteous – Remember, We are all in this together.
- Cleaning protocols will include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against COVID 19.
- We will continually provide routine cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in our rental shop. All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest use.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings and participate in a daily health screening.
- All employees will continue to engage in frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our entrances and throughout our chalet.